Friday, August 05, 2005

Can you hear me NOW ?

An article by Thomas L Friedman, about the wireless technology situation in the US. Apparently, Ghana has a cellphone service that is better than what is available in the US ! And it is a known fact that the Japanese lead the way in this area.

To quote Friedman's article...
I began thinking about this after watching the Japanese use cellphones and laptops to get on the Internet from speeding bullet trains and subways deep underground. But the last straw was when I couldn't get cellphone service while visiting I.B.M.'s headquarters in Armonk, N.Y.

Whenever I come down to India for a vacation, I am pleasantly surprised to the see the popularity of cellphones, and also to see some of the latest, cutting-edge devices and handsets being used there...some that are not even available in the US !

No comments: