Here is a short version of the list...
- Meme-du-jour bloggers comment on the high-profile ideas of the moment. This type of blogger is usually focused on political issues.
- Caterers determine what an audience segment wants to hear, and pursue that theme aggressively.
- Nichebloggers, aka localbloggers. The subject is usually something the writer is passionate about, or has special expertise in.
- Internet guides, such as Instapundit, create little original material. Their strength is that they are trusted link finders/filters.
- The celebrity-blogger is someone whose site traffic comes from fame achieved outside of blogging.
- The service blogger performs a service, often to the 'Meme' blogger (see 1).
- The long-tail blogger is the rarest of successful breeds. This style requires consistent blogging over a long period of time (hence the rarity in a fairly new medium).